Saturday, February 23, 2013

MARGARITA TIME



This poem was written Friday,
The day before this post.
I'm finishing the school break
And it sucked quite more than most.
My life was kicked around some,
My psyche took abuse,
The only damn thing missing was
A bad Carnival cruise.
I broke a piece of tooth off
And scraped paint off my car
And suffered massive pain inside
My jaw where the nerves are.
I broke a piece of pottery
(A memory of my past).
It was so effing cold outside -
A week of Arctic blast.
I spent part of my Friday
In the early afternoon
Dealing with a relative
Who is a loony tune.
I started drinking early
And I kept on drinking late:
Keep that blender going, kids,
No need to hesitate!
But here's the best about it
That I can clearly say --
February 22
Is National Margarita Day,
OLE!