Thursday, February 28, 2013

DRIVING IN THE DARK



Negative:  It's raining.

I hate driving in the dark in the rain in the winter. 

The lines in the street are all dirty from sand and salt that's put down when it snows.  It's impossible to make out the lanes and the curbs when the streets are wet in the winter.  I could be driving off into oblivion and wouldn't know it until I hit a tree or a house or an overpass.  The rain makes it impossible to shut off the defroster, which just blows into my face as it curls off the windshield back at me while I drive. 

When I approach an intersection, I have to put my window down to see who's coming from the other direction.  When I put down my window, rain pours into the car.  When rain pours into the car, I get soggy and aggravated.  When I get soggy and aggravated, it becomes hard to stay focused on driving.  I have to stay focused on driving because the streets are wet and they're dirty from the sand and salt, so it's impossible to make out the lanes and the curbs.

Driving in the dark in the rain in the winter sucks.

Positive:  It's not snowing.