Sunday, October 29, 2017

WAITING A LITTLE LONGER

I have occasion during my busy weekend to sit and wait for someone to return to a nursing facility.  On any day this might be fine ... okay, it's not really fine on any day because I look like a creeper wandering around trying to pass time.  I am exhausted after work, a little irritated that the person is not even on-site, and bored out of my mind.

In my wanderings, I pass some decorations.  The festive atmosphere is kind of nice, certainly more than I've done at my own home or in my classroom, so I snap a picture (without being too creepy).  There is also a pumpkin decorating contest that has just culminated, so I snap a picture of that, too.

Finally, when I am just about to leave a note for my pal and jump ship, she shows up.  I only have about five minutes to spare now, not the hour I'd planned, so I have to rush through my visit.  It's not so much because I have any place to be as it is that dinner is being served, and now I'm in the way.

No matter.  My time spent wandering the decorative hallways inspires me to start planning my own seasonal decorations.  Besides, it's almost time to start decorating for Christmas.  Sorry.  I know, I know; I'm as bad as a retail shop.  Get through Halloween first, right? Soon, though.  Like waiting for my pal, I'll have to wait a little longer.