Wednesday, October 25, 2017

EARLY HALLOWEEN

Wednesday is Halloween for one of my classes.

My friend and I teach this class only once a week.  It's more of an academic support than an intervention because, to be honest, I'm not sure how much of a numerical impact we are having on the students. 

Not yet, anyway.

We won't see this group together again until after Halloween, so Wednesday is our day to get into the spirit (so to speak).  We'll enjoy some lightly eerie e.e. cummings, write on gold-colored pumpkin paper, and read poems from a book I've had since I was the same age as the kiddos in our charge.  We'll even throw in a short video and some instrumental Halloween-type music.

It's too bad so many kids are allergic to so many things.  It would be nice to share with them a little Halloween trick-or-treat, too.  Okay, so it would be nice if I could have a little treat.  Seriously. The upside, though, is that Halloween (for real) is only a week away, so this kicks off seven days of anticipatory celebration.

Those who know me also know what happens next: post-Halloween means some furniture moving and some box hauling from the basement because November means Christmas gets set up, hopefully on or around Veteran's Day.  I like pre-mixing my holidays, which is why Wednesday is going to be so much fun. 

Bring on the early-Halloween, kids.  I'm ready.