Monday, October 30, 2017

PURPLE BOX AND PICTURES

{A real text conversation between my daughter (She) and me (I).}

SHE:  Where are you?

I:  Running errands.  Why?

SHE:  Are you stopping at CVS?

I:  Wasn't going to.  Why?  (I'm thinking she needs toilet paper or something.)

SHE:  Never mind.

I:  No, really.  What do you need?

SHE:  Forget it.

I:  Okay.  (Long pause here.)  (Lots of guilt sets in.)  (Damnit)  (Ten minutes later...)  I'm at CVS.

SHE:  I need dry mop pads for the Swiffer.  Not the wet ones.  The dry ones.

I:  I don't know what they look like.

SHE:  They're purple, I think.  Purple box maybe.

(I go into the store and locate the household goods aisle.  They have Swiffer pads for the dry mop and Swiffer pads for the wet mop, but the dry ones are green, and the wet ones are purple.  I take a picture of the green box and text it to her.)

I:  The green box says "dry."

SHE:  Let me see the purple ones.

(I take another picture, this time of the purple box.  People are staring at me then walking away.)

SHE:  Yes, purple.

I:  But you texted the dry ones.  They say they are wet.

SHE:  No, they're FOR the wet one.  They're not wet.  Some are wet.  Maybe those aren't wet.

I:  Are you SURE?!  They clearly say WET.

SHE:  Yes.  Please buy the purple.  They're dry.

I:  Okay.  Swiffer brand or CVS brand?

SHE:  I don't know.  Send me a picture...