Thursday, March 2, 2017

WINTER SHMINTER

It's Read Across America Day, honoring Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I have decided to create a Seuss-like poem to express my current feelings on winter.  Enjoy.  Or don't.  Worry?  I won't.  (Did you see what I did there?)


WINTER SHMINTER

Why can't we just get some snow?
It's winter, after all, you know,

And winter is when air is cold,
Noses freeze, and knees feel old.

Time to snowshoe, time to ski
If the world were wintery,

But it seems like spring has sprung.
No more snowflakes will be flung.

No more sledding in this slush
Unless I want a soaking tush.

No more shovels in the dark.
No more noisy plows that park

Across the street or down the lane.
Nope, this weather is insane.

Way too warm this time of year.
Birds have started to appear!

February was a funk,
But GO HOME, MARCH, 'CUZ YOU ARE DRUNK.