Sunday, March 26, 2017

BACK IN BOSTON

Back in Boston again.  Starting to feel like I live here.

I love Boston.  The best thing about Boston is that if you don't know it well, you might as well forget about driving here; nothing makes sense.  The second best thing about Boston is that it's normal to have a sarcastic attitude.

Look, we are NOT the city of brotherly love, we are NOT the city of friendship, and we are NOT the city of hospitality.

We are and always have been a city of rebels, patriots, and smart-asses.

If you come into the city, this is what you should expect - patriotism and sarcasm.  I love this place.  I wish I could afford to live here, but I can't, so I keep coming back like I do live here.  Lately, it certainly feels like I do, anyway.

It's rainy today, then sleeting, then just plain raw.  It's okay; it's spring time in the city.  Welcome to Boston -- where the people can be as cold as the weather, and we damn well like it that way.