Friday, March 10, 2017

TALES OF QUIZ CORRECTING

I'm sorry that I yelled at you;
Patience not withstanding,
Just answer all the questions and
Please do so sans grandstanding.
It really isn't difficult.
By this time you should know
All about the parts of speech.
(It's fourth grade work, you know.)
You tell me that you know a noun:
"A person, place, or thing!"
And yet I see that you don't know.
My hands I start to wring.
And then I try to tell you that
Your answers seem to me
Like saying 2 times 3 is equal
To Rhesus monkey.
How is it that by this late grade
Your knowledge's such a sieve
That you cannot tell me "handsome"
Is just an adjective;
That "go" and "scream" and "wander"
Are action verbs, you see;
That pronouns like to hang around
With them, and you, and me.
So, sorry that I yelled so much.
I guess it isn't you,
But basic English grammar, folks,
I guess I thought you knew.