Friday, October 21, 2016

THERE'S A NEW MAC-CRACK IN TOWN

Holy pasta, Batman!

My youngest coaches lacrosse in the next state, and sometimes that means he buys dinner to go and brings it home with him.  A few weeks ago he showed up with some kind of macaroni and cheese, and by "some kind" I mean chicken bacon ranch macaroni and cheese.

Now, folks, I thought the kid was brilliant when he brought home boxes of Annie's Shells and White Cheddar; he absolutely blew my mind when he showed up with a case of it after getting me hooked.  But now, there's a new mac-crack in town.  Okay, so it's not really "in town," but it sort of is when he brings it home from New Hampshire.

There is a place called Mr. Mac's Macaroni and Cheese (translation: One Step Closer to Heaven) up in the Hooksett end of Manchester.  Pull up their menu (I dare you), and you will truly believe in the genius of ... well ... geniuses.  This place has everything from Cheeseburger Mac to Shrimp Scampi Mac with unfathomable marvels in between. 

Plus, you can craft your own. 

Thanks to my son, I am now addicted to the Pulled Pork Mac, although I am absolutely jonesing to try the Blazing Buffalo Chicken Mac and the Bacon Cheddar Mac.  Maybe even the Philly Steak Mac.  And the Garden Veggie Mac. 

I want to try them all.

Better yet, I want to live next door to Mr. Mac's.  I want them to put a Mr. Mac's into the townhouse next door.  I want them to open a Mr. Mac's right across the train tracks from my house in the giant industrial park.  I want Mr. Mac's at my work so I can eat it every damn day.

Truly, this is the Holy Grail of macaroni -- addicting and satisfying and, best of all, reasonably priced.  I have seen a slice of Heaven, and it is filled with Mr. Mac's signature macaroni dishes.  Keep coaching, My Son; Mama needs her mac-crack.