Saturday, October 29, 2016

RECYCLING BURGER BALL FUN

My students know that I like to shoot baskets.  I crumple up paper recycling and toss it backward over my shoulder, hitting more shots than I miss.

Tonight I take my show on the road: HOME. 

I decide to get dinner since working hours around here have become later and later, but there is still laundry to do, and more.  Besides, there's an excellent burger joint near my house.

My son wants a burger with bacon, egg, and cheese.  My daughter gets some concoction with Buffalo sauce, Borsin sauce, and cheese.  I order a plain old American-style cheeseburger.  It has pickles, lettuce, tomato, and red onion, and it smells and tastes fabulous.

I have a plate for my burger, so I crumple up the foil wrapping.  On the counter across the room, the now-empty bag awaits its turn at recycling.  Part of the bag is torn away, creating a nest-like appearance, and there's a hole about the size of my two fists in the bag.

I have a foil ball.  I have my target.  Now all I have to do is make the shot.  From across the room.  Cold, without practice.

Sinks it!  (Of course.)  Thank you, students, for encouraging me to shoot on our recycling basket.  Together we can make the world  (better/cleaner/recycled).