Friday, October 28, 2016

DOODLE DEFENSE

Meetings ... meetings ... meetings ... meetings ... meetings ...  My life has recently been all about meetings. 

Sometimes meetings are fun, including tea and cookies and other goodies.  Sometimes I yawn my way through them because I'm bored out of my mind or because I'm exhausted.  Sometimes I need to play a game on my phone or do a crossword puzzle or make shopping lists to keep my mind focused.

(Picture keeps spinning itself.  Oh, well.)
Sometimes I doodle.

This doodling started in high school.  Well, sort of.  I actually spent a lot of time drawing informally on that awesome math paper in elementary school.  There's nothing quite like a blue medium ballpoint Bic pen when it meets blank newsprint.  The doodling as a defense mechanism, though -- that's the one that appeared during my high school years and has kept with me ever since.

I often draw characters with crazy thought bubbles or dialogue balloons, spewing the evil thoughts that ramble across my brain.  Other times, I start with a scribble and work my way around it.  I never know what's going to come out of my pen or pencil during meetings, but apparently it's leaps and bounds better than anything that can come out of my mouth during meetings ... meetings ... meetings ...

It's my Doddle Defense.  You're welcome.