Monday, October 31, 2016

AIRPLANE SAFETY REVIEW


I'm on a plane trip with two of my grown children, Child #2 and Child #3.  We're going to visit Child #1 and his family.  As happens on every plane trip, the safety demonstration starts before take-off.

"Direct your attention to the emergency card in the pocket of the seat in front of you.  REVIEW these safety directions!"

I flip through the chart of emergency situations and offer my best advice to my kids:

If the plane is on fire ... SCREAM!

If the plane crashes ... SCREAM!

If you need to use the emergency exits ... SCREAM!

If you need to use the emergency chute ... SCREAM!

In case of a water landing ... SCREAM!

When using the seat cushions as flotation devices ... SCREAM!

To inflate the emergency life vest, take a hold of the red tube and ... SCREAM!

If the oxygen mask drops down, put yours on first and SCREAM before helping others to SCREAM!

I personally feel this is terrific advice.  After all, if you're in trouble, the best way to get someone's attention is to SCREAM! 

On the return flight, Child #2 is with me (Child #3 already flew home).  As soon as the safety demonstration starts, I shove the tri-fold safety card into her face.

"So, in case of a nasty food cart incident, you should ..." Scream!

 "In case of a bird strike ..."  Scream!

"In case of a child being unruly on your flight, like kicking your seat through the entire flight ..."  Scream!

The next time you're on an airplane and the safety instructions start, PAY ATTENTION in case you have to SCREAM!