Wednesday, October 26, 2016

FIRST FLOPPY SUN HAT

Today I buy my first floppy sun hat.

I know, I know; it's autumn and we are due for a major frost.  The last thing I should be doing is searching for sun hats, but I can't help myself.  The hat is on sale for 70% off. 

It would be sacrilege to pass up a deal like that.

I probably won't be able to wear my new, inexpensive-because-it's-on-sale hat until at least next spring, but it's still a fine hat.  It's a fine floppy hat.

The only problem is that it's floppy.  The front flops, the back flops, and every part of the brim flops.  And flops, and flops, and flops.  

The effect of this floppiness is that my face is going to be totally protected, and not because of the hat's wide edge.  My face is going to be protected because the floppiness causes the brim to fall past my eyes and shade my face with fabric.  This means that I will not be able to drive while wearing the floppy hat unless I develop x-ray vision.

It's okay, though.  The hat ends up costing less than $5.  Plus, it really is a fine first floppy sun hat.  I'm looking forward to less wind and more sun so I can wear it before winter comes.