Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TODAY'S BIZARRE HOLIDAY

Today is Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day.

Why the hell would I cry over spilled milk?  I might cry over spilled margarita or spilled tomato soup or spilled medium-rare steak tips.

I might even cry over bra spillage, tampon spillage, or runny nose spillage.

I often cry from taking a spill, especially if it's in front of an audience.

I can see myself crying from spilling my wallet, spilling my brains, or spilling the beans.

I'd even shed a few tears over an oil spill, a gas spill, or a chemical spill.

But, really.  Spilled milk?  Unless I spill it down my entire front side at work, or into the seat of my pants while I'm driving, or into my socks and boots while I'm still wearing them, I still can't see it.

So I suppose that means I've joined the ranks of those who do not cry over spilled milk.

The fact that it's still four more days (including today) until I get a break from school and also the fact that it's zero or below outside (not including wind chill) -- That's worth crying over.

Screw you, milk.  Get in line if you want to make me cry.