Monday, February 17, 2014

THINGS THAT SUCK

Trivia sucks.

I mean, I am a reasonably intelligent woman, and so are the people on my trivia team.  We usually do pretty well, but tonight ... well, tonight sucks.


I have to be honest, and I know this sounds cruel to some people, but truly, I do not give one iota of sympathy that Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead.  A grown man, a seemingly talented man, an arguably intelligent man, dies of a heroin overdose, and suddenly we have entire sections of trivia dedicated to him?  I don't know the answers to any of the trivia associated with this person, and neither does my team.  It's the first round, and already we suck.

But tonight isn't really about trivia.  Tonight is about getting out and getting away.  We have all been stuck inside way too much lately with the continuous blasts of snow that keep hitting the northeast.  There's another round due Tuesday, which will make three good-sized storms in less than seven days.

Yes, we live in New England, so we should get over this whole snow thing. However, this whole snow thing is a lot like Philip Seymour Hoffman's death -- ridiculously tragic for no apparent reason.  Personally, I look forward to both news stories (snow and Hoffman) disappearing this winter.

Come on, Spring!