Friday, February 14, 2014

HOW I SPEND MY SNOW DAY



1.  Wake up at regular time of 5:15.

2.  Watch the news.  At 5:23, see that my school is cancelled.  Wait for the official call.

3.  And wait… and wait … and wait … Get a text from a coworker.  Both of us are like, "WTF?"

4.  Phone call from school comes at 6:10:00 and again at 6:10:20.  Get another text from coworker.  Both of us are like, "WTF?"

5.  Go back to sleep.  Wake up at 7:45.  Refuse to get out of bed until 8:15.  So there.

6.  Get on Internet while watching the news.  Trying to get a handle on the storm.  So far it's paltry.  Lame ass storm.

7.  Have Irish breakfast tea.

8.  Have an English muffin.  Apparently I am going international this morning.

9.  Do some computer work.  Check on this super lame-ass storm.  At 10:00 I am thinking we should've had a half day of school.

10.  Start working on school stuff.  Make myself a smoothie according to my daughter-in-law's instruction (she knows these things).  Smoothie is a lovely green.  I add a strawberry and a dollop of honey.  Now smoothie looks more brownish than greenish.  I drink half of it.  I am trying to be healthy, I truly am.  I consider it a victory that I actually made and sipped the thing.  Needs tequila, but I resist.

11.  I check outside again.  Holy crap, it's snowing and blowing out there.  If it were a half day, I'd be driving in this shit.  If it were a whole day, I'd be screwed.  Thank you, Superintendent.  I love you today; however, I will curse you and all of your family in June.

12.  Screw healthy.  I heat up leftover pulled pork and make myself a monster sandwich.  Life is good.

13.  Work work work work!  Gotta post grades Friday.  Correcting open responses.  My eyes are ready to fall out.

14.  I continue to look outside and check the weather.  I still don't believe the meteorologists.  Screw you, snow.

15.  I watch an old episode of Judging Amy.  I have no idea why.  I never watched it when it was on for real.

16.  I decide to be healthy again and get out some low fat dip, carrots, cukes, yellow pepper, and Wheat Thins.  I have this with a glass of white wine from a bottle that has flip flops on it.  Come on, summer, I'm rooting for you.

17.  The snow is turning to rain.  I'd better shovel.  Out I go.

18.  Two and a half hours, one back ache, two sore ankles, and soaking wet gloves, coat, snow pants, and everything underneath later, I am done shoveling and moving cars.  My life sucks. 

19.  I immediately peel off anything and everything I am wearing that is drenched.  This allows me to shed about 25 pounds because I have become completely water-logged from the rain, the snow, and sweat.  Into the shower for like forty-five minutes because I cannot move.  I think my shoulders have locked up.

20.  More correcting, more wine.

21.  Damnit.  I have to get up and work in the morning.  More wine more wine more wine.  Okay, not really because there were only two glasses of wine left in the bottle when I started this.  I wish for more wine.  I gaze longingly at the flip flops on the label.  Save me, white wine, save me, save me!

22.  Time to write the blog.  Transfer some pictures from my phone to prove I am telling the truth, which I do not always do.

23.  Cut up some strawberries for tomorrow's lunch.  No, it will not be a smoothie, but I'm trying.  Damnit.

24.  Plug in my phone because I forgot to charge it before I went out to shovel.

25.  Get to bed sometime before midnight because I have to get up at 5:15 and the weather people say it's going to snow again overnight. 

All this and I have to remember to wear pink or red because it's Valentine's Day.  Have a happy and safe one, folks.  And if you happen to see any Flip Flop wine, remember how much I love you … and how much you love me … and bring me a bottle.