Thursday, February 6, 2014

ODE TO WINTER

Oh, how I love to look outside
And watch the white snow fall.
It doesn't give me agita 
Nor migraines, not at all ...
And yet somehow I do suspect
That what I say is lying:
For when I see my snowy car,
I pout and burst out crying.

No one else still lives at home -
It's just me in this hovel,
Which means there isn't anyone
To help me with a shovel.
My landlords have a snow blower
I often hear them use it,
But when they don't clear my drive way
I scream and then abuse shit.

Look, folks, I'm old, I'm tired, I'm way
Too gorgeous, smart, and frail
To have to shovel constantly
Just so I get my mail.
I don't mind a little snow,
Like winter's gently kissed
The ground, but when we get two feet
It generally makes me pissed.

And so I shovel on and on
Two-point-five damn hours.
I sweat through everything I wear
And have to take two showers.
I love the snow, and Winter rocks,
But here's the truthful thing:
I'm going to up and kill someone
If soon it isn't Spring.