Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SLOW RIDE ... HONESTLY

If the Internet were any slower, I'd be powering via hamster wheel.

I have been waiting three hours for pictures to load, it takes almost three minutes for Facebook to load, it takes forever for my email to open, and it seems like Comcast is getting slower and slower and slower.  I'm almost ready to believe the turtle commercials.

The downside is that I have to continue to stay awake late at night because there is no way I'm going to try and reload those pictures tomorrow -- This is upload try #4.  I'm pretty much done with it.

The upside is that I have a research paper to write and I'm stuck sitting still and working on that.  I hate research papers.  All I'm doing is regurgitating shit that other people have already said or written.  What's the point?  That's right; there is no point.  But I'm writing one, anyway.

Well, I guess I'll go oil the hamster wheel again, maybe resort to the hamster dance to keep myself entertained while I wait for Com-slow-poke-cast to do whatever it is that it is supposed to be doing in five minutes ... as it stretches into hour #4.

Technology is a wonderful thing -- if and/or when it actually works.