Saturday, April 27, 2013

KEEPING ME COMPANY



Ahhhh.  The weekend.

Of course I brought a pile of work home with me; of course I won't get to any of it.  I have my own work to do, will be attending a sporting event, and need to sleep (at some point) to catch up on all the other sleep I've been missing.

There's never enough time to cram into two days what should really take five.


Ahhhh.  Spring.

Of course it finally decided to arrive this week; of course the warmest day yet was the day I had to drive to my grad class in Salem, where the weather was twelve degrees cooler than it was inland.  Maybe it will be nice this weekend; maybe I'll remember to bring sunscreen to the sporting event since it's outside.

There's never enough time to cram Spring in between Polar Ice Days and the Dog Days of Summer.


I'm going to try.  I'm going to attempt to do five days of work in two days, and I'm going to attempt to enjoy Spring while it makes a quick pit stop on its way to the beach.  If I miss Spring when it whizzes by, tell it I waved from the keyboard of my computer and from the bleachers of a sports field.

Tell Spring I'm sorry I missed it, but its close friend Summer will keep me good company.