Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DEATH NEAR THE DIRTY WATER



I am sick to my stomach today.  Sick over what happened in Boston this afternoon during the marathon.  There are no words to express my outrage at what transpired in my city on this proudest of holidays here in our state, Patriot's Day. 

All I have at this point is speculation and some eyewitness testimony.  People I know were there when it happened, one of whom called me on her way home from the city.  She will never be the same.  None of us will ever be the same.  My eldest child works blocks from where the bombings happened, and I worried about him getting home to Charlestown from his office.  I was relieved he was working because it meant he wasn't watching the end of the race.  But to get home … Underground wasn't safe; sidewalks weren't safe.  Nowhere seemed safe in the city.  Nowhere.

One of my son's friends kept his ear attached to the Boston Police Department scanner.  More devices located, bomb-sniffing dogs requested, person of interest being held at Mass General Hospital, a fire or possible bomb at the JFK Library (then it wasn't a bomb, then it was, then it wasn't, then it was…).  Too much information; not enough information; false information, and --

True information.

How dare you.  How dare you come to my city and wreak your psychotic war.  I hope you are not a home-grown terrorist.  I am sick of Americans turning on Americans.  It's bad enough our government is full of terrorists like you who would lie and steal and take out their special interest political rage on its country's citizens, but at least they show their faces.  At least we know who they are.

I hope when they find you that you go through a special kind of torture before you make it to the station, if you make it to the station.  We can all pretend that you were "injured in the explosions" when asked what happened to your face or your eyes or your limbs or your neck.

Sick fucking bastard.  Sick, sick motherfucking bastard.