Monday, April 8, 2013

DIATRIBE ZONE



I'm trolling the websites trying to find a decent topic to complain about, and I realize that I'm just not in the Diatribe Zone today. 

I could scream about politics, but I just don't care anymore.  No one in Congress listens, so there's really no point in wasting any more brain cells or popping any more veins getting my blood pressure up about it.  When Congress shows up at my house, I'll exercise my second amendment rights.  Political statement made.  End of discussion.

I could spout about the Bruins demoting Tyler Seguin, their only offensive player actually shooting and using his limited time on ice wisely.  I could talk about his value to the team and yell about his missing play time while that asshole Claude Julien, who pretends to coach, puts useless players like Lucic and Peverley out on the ice.  I could rant about that, but when the Bruins get their asses deservedly kicked in the playoffs, there won't be any reason to get upset because I'm already over it.

I could bitch about the weather that was supposed to be decent except the sun kept going in all day, it's already dark at 6:30 as if it's February all over again, and the wind has been whipping around for days like we're in a perpetual state of pre-tornado activity.  I could complain how the recycling keeps blowing into the back yard except the back yard is actually a sand pit full of my neighbors' dog shit, so I could not care any less if my trash blows all over the damn place.  They can get it themselves.  They can go trash-picking when and if they ever decide to go feces-picking.  It's off my patio; I don't care where it ends up after that.

 
I could whine about the fact that there's nothing worth watching on television, but people would bombard me with useless recommendations of such treasures as Mrytle Manor, Honey BooBoo, and Two Broke Hos.  If there's something worth watching, I'll find it.  If I miss it, I can watch it on the Internet and fast forward through the parts I didn't want to watch in the first place.  The only reason I have cable is for the Weatherscan station.

But I won't do any of that stuff.  I won't complain about any of it because I'm just not in the Diatribe Zone today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Wink.