Tuesday, April 30, 2013

JOG THIS

I walked three miles on Sunday.  Well, actually I ran about 1/4 miles (or less) of it.  The track was being occupied, so I really had no place to put down my sweatshirt and water jug while jogging on side streets.  Plus I was tired and it was too hot already at 70 degrees.

I do not understand why I can run a mile on a treadmill but barely 1/4 miles in reality.  It's embarrassing; it's pathetic; it's mind-boggling.  I should think being outside would be invigorating.  I find it to be invigorating (except when Psycho Bee attacks me).

If I can walk three miles, run 1/4 mile, do homework, bake cookies, and set up the pretense that I'm actually paying attention to a conversation I seem to be holding, all practically at the same time, why is running outside such a curse?

I've been doing a lot of driving this week and a lot of sitting while working on a research paper.  If that doesn't make my ass fat, nothing will, and to be honest, I'm not losing any sleep over it.  (Neither is my ass.)  But I should be, and that's the issue.

If you're out driving around and you pass some idiot who appears to be walking fast but is technically trying to jog, carrying a gray sweatshirt and red water bottle, please don't honk.  It might be me.  And at this rate, if you honk at me, I'll have a heart attack and keel over, and then I won't be faster than anyone.

I'd at least like to make it back to the couch so I can sit down.