Monday, September 3, 2012

WEEKEND THOUGHTS AND THEN SOME - POST #3 OF 3



Part III:  A brief glimpse inside the warped minds of writers, brought to you by some other writers only these ones are talented and published.  Today's installment = R-Z, with some editorial commentary to wrap it all up.  The ranting will be back on Tuesday, all y'all!

Writers are schizophrenic.  (Ken Rand)
I totally get this.  You do?  Yeah, don't you?  No, and you're wicked pissing me off.  I am pissing YOU off?  Get out of my head.  No, YOU get out of MY head!  I was here first.  No you weren't, I was.  I'm getting a knife.  Great, I've got the chainsaw.  Let's rumble.

Every writer must acknowledge and be able to handle the unalterable fact that he has, in effect, given himself a life sentence in solitary confinement.  (Peter Straub)   
Frikkin' explains why I have no social life.  Damnit.

Inside every fat book is a thin book trying to get out. (Unknown)
I know the feeling, kid.

The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair.  (Mary Heaton Vorse)
So every time someone says, "Wow, you're a bit of a cow," I can proudly state that it's my Writer's Ass.  Pass the Oreos!

A poet can survive everything but a misprint.  (Oscar Wilde)
I think that I shall never see a poem so lovely as Aunt Bea.  Once upon a midnight dreary while I pondered Dennis Leary.  Listen my children and you shall hear all the thugs and perverts who live in Revere.  I heard a fly buzz when I died because I had already started to decompose.  There once was a man from Nantucket who tried the high dive and stuck it.   

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.  (Stephen Wright)
Really, who wants to improve on Stephen Wright?  Forget I commented at all.

Trust your demon.  (Roger Zelazny)
And if that fails, serve him up some frozen Mudslides.

Writing is thinking on paper.  (William Zinsser)
Thanks for sharing my brain.