Sunday, September 9, 2012

GOD BLESS US, EVERY ONE



When I was very young I tried to kill someone.  No, it wasn't an accident; it was entirely on purpose and, dare I say, premeditated.  It also got my family thrown out of church.

I was attending Sunday School, which for toddlers actually means Babysitting Services, and I desperately wanted to ride the black plastic train engine with the wheels and the plastic stick steering device.  However, another little boy was riding it.  I politely asked him if I could have a turn, and he basically told me to fuck off. 

My next plan of attack was to ask the teacher/adult.  She very calmly explained to the little boy that he could have one more turn around the room but then it was my turn.  I waited and watched while he continued to go around and around, sticking his tongue out at me the whole time.  I looked to the adult.  She paid no attention.

I approached the boy, explained it was my turn, like the teacher said, and he dared me to take the train from him.  I tried the teacher one more time because everyone deserves to be saved if there really is an opportunity to do so, right?  I mean, this is church, right?  She told me to find something else to play with and leave her alone.

I had found something else to play with: the train.

Well, God and the adults left me no choice, and really, people, I may be a small girl, but I will totally kick your stupid ass if you give me an opening.  I stomped over to the boy, stood in front of him so he couldn't get past me, grabbed him by the shirt collar (which I am sure my dad must've taught me by laying victim to this move multiple times myself), hauled him to the very large very open unscreened window, and had him halfway out of it before the screaming teacher demanded to know what in the hell I thought I was doing.

"It was my turn," I said reasonably, "and he wouldn't give me my turn."

At that point the little boy was crying and had wet his pants.  The train got put away, and I was given a huge glass of apple juice.  But I still didn't get to ride that damn train.  And I still hate that little boy to the core of my being.

If I ever meet a grown man who tells me about the time he was traumatized over a plastic train in a church in the Framingham area of Massachusetts, I will totally finish kicking his weenie ass and maybe, just maybe, get him all the way out the window this time.