Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LOSING MY RELIGION?



I am proud to be an American but I am sad for my country. 

Yesterday, on the anniversary of 9/11, radical Muslim terrorists stormed and defaced the US Embassy in Egypt.  They burned and shredded our flag, erected a Muslim flag, and wrote all kinds of allah propaganda all over the compound. 

The current administration's response?  An apology.  A goddamned apology to the Muslims who attacked the embassy and to those who killed Americans and others in terrorist attacks on 9/11/01.

Here is the apology, in case you missed it:  The U.S. Embassy said that it "condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions." 

So our government is saying since we are Americans, believe in all religious freedom, and fly our flag in our own embassy, that we are therefore mistreating Muslims?  That we are hurting their feelings?  That we should let them attack us because we have somehow offended them for our living?  That they should take our tax money then try to kill us (yet again)?

Generally speaking, I try to have a tolerant nature.  I really and truly do, at least when presenting myself in public.  I think we all are obligated to tolerate each other as best we can when in a public arena, say, oh, I don't know, like maybe … a country's EMBASSY.

I'm sorry, and I hate to be so blunt, but truly … What the fuck.  What the holy fuck.