Monday, June 11, 2018

WINNING WEEKEND

I'm having a terrible-great weekend.

Friday I feel crappy while recovering from a field trip where I am bitten by a water spider.  However, it's Friday, it's a half-day, and my department's professional development is hanging with my peeps and chatting and moving from room to room checking out amazing work my colleagues are doing.

Saturday I pull a muscle in my chest so badly I think I am dying, then I drop chunks of ice on my non-driving foot and end up with a bruise the size of a D battery.  But, I get to see extended family, and my sister and I take a long walk on the beach before heading out to dinner.

Sunday I have tons of work to do to get ready for the last two weeks of school so I can cram everything in.  Yet, I do take ninety minutes to sit outside, get some sun, tend my two newest plants (a small geranium and a basil plant), and cook a fabulous stir-fry dinner.

All in all, it's a yucky-sensational weekend, the best of both worlds.  Since the weather is unbelievably fabulous BOTH days that I have off (a first in months), I'm tilting toward it being a winning weekend.