Thursday, June 14, 2018

POTENTIAL AND DINNER MOTIVATION

Sometimes even the best of intentions can be derailed by my motivation (or lack thereof).  Take dinner, for example  Dinner has potential, but the potential crashes and burns quickly after being on my feet all day at work.

On my way home I stop at the store and buy fresh vegetables, a couple of plump chicken breasts, and some hamburg.  My best of intentions is to make chicken broccoli ziti or to fire up the grill and cook burgers.  Or, maybe I'll make baked chicken since the house is cool enough to start the oven.  Maybe I'll create another on-the-fly stir-fry and throw in any ingredients and marinades that strike my fancy.

Oh, the possibilities!

By the time I get home from the store, though, I am leaning toward grilling burgers.  A few minutes later when the groceries are all put away, even that motivation has vanished.  Grilling means cleaning the grill afterward, and that seems like too much work.  All of a sudden, I cannot even get out of my own way.

Thank goodness for bacon, cheese, and bread.  I pull out a fry pan, make some grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches, cut up a cucumber into slices, and .... voila!  Dinner for all!

Hey, I may not be motivated enough to be the Galloping Gourmet, but at least dinner is ready.  There must be potential in that.