Saturday, June 23, 2018

STILL FABULOUS FLOWERS

I can't grow anything.  Mold; That's it -- I can grow mold.  Honestly, everything I try to grow just keels over and dies or commits plant-a-cide.

So, when my sister gives me a wonderful clay pot with flowers in it, I don't hold out much hope.  I'm reasonably certain that I will manage to kill these lovely buds within days, perhaps hours.  Honestly, when she gives me the plants, I am very excited, but I also panic and begin calculating how long I have until I must admit to her that I've committed a gardening felony.

I put the clay pot on my patio and remember to water the flowers ... and then I forget ... and then I remember again.  This is why plants would rather strangle themselves than put up with me tending to them.

Shockingly enough, the plants are still alive a month later.

I know, right?  Too bad Vegas didn't take the over/under on it because I'm sure someone would've made a freaking fortune betting I'd have killed the damn things by now.  I am truly as dumbfounded as are you.

Oh, and I'm amazed because the flowers still look fabulous to me.