Thursday, June 21, 2018

IN THE SAND

Everybody cheers for summer;
Right now, though, it's still a bummer.
Sure, I'll cheer along with you,
But so you know: My grades are due.
While you're at the beach all cool,
I am still stuck inside school -
Thankfully conditioned air
Keeps the frizzies from my hair;
The temp inside still ebbs and flows
But I'm not sweating through my clothes.
All is not quite doom and gloom
Except I haven't packed my room.
I thought I had it done until,
"LEAVE NOTHING ON THE WINDOWSILL"
Great. That email gets sent now?
I'll move the crap - I don't know how
Nor whom nor what nor why nor where,
Frankly, I'm at "I don't care."
I'm oh-so-close to a good, long cry
As the first of summer rolls on by,
Yet I can make it; patience pays:
My summer break is in three days.
I'll be relaxed; I'll be all tanned;
My butt and toes will be in the sand.