Monday, June 25, 2018

OH, SCHIST ... AND THEN SOME

I had "one of THOSE weeks" and I'm really excited for Monday.  I may have gotten myself into a teeny bit of trouble at work, but I have my defense all set and ready: "SAFETY FIRST!"  That's my mantra, and I'm sticking to it.  I'll let you know if my defensive stragety works.

So, when the opportunity comes to buy some wine, I buy some German riesling to give to my sister and her husband, whose anniversary is this weekend.  Plus, they're going to Germany soon, so it's a win-win purchase.  I get them some Dr Loosen, a German vineyard that sits on the Mosel River and has been family-owned for over 200 years.

Also from the Mosel region in Germany is another riesling.  I am tempted to buy it for myself because it fits the kind of week I've had and the kind of week I'm probably going to have (being in trouble, and all).  Alas, I do not buy it.  Maybe next time. 

My sister and her husband end up with the Dr Loosen, and I narrowly miss the Oh Schist.  With any luck at all, I will narrowly miss the "oh schist" this week at work, as well.  I mean, I only have 1.5 days left.  Don't blow it now.