Monday, April 16, 2018

SNOW, SLEET, ICE, AND CHORES

More ice.  More sleet.  More snow.

Well, it is only April 15th, so we are still well within our weather limits.  We shouldn't be complaining; the northern Midwestern states are getting slammed, while we are merely getting inconvenienced.

The weather prevents me from taking a trip up north today, which turns out to be a good thing because the cold I have is hanging on, and I would've made a lot of innocent people sick.  Instead, I spend the day working on school stuff and trying to tie up some loose ends before submitting my yearly evaluation packet.

Monday's Boston Marathon is supposed to be a cold, rainy (often pouring rain) day.  Friends invited me to join them in Boston, but crowds aren't my thing, and watching people run is about as exciting to me as watching grass grow.  Although Boston is always a good time, this just sounds like a recipe for Heliand-Meltdown disaster.  It is shaping up to be a good day to hunker down and work on sorting through more of my junk.  Eventually I am going to be moving, and the less crap that I have to take with me, the better.

So, go ahead, weather, and suck all you want.  Suck a whole bunch, as a matter of fact, so that I don't feel guilty trying to get some inside work done.  The fact that this work has been on my list for years shouldn't concern anyone but me, but I'm willing to put on my Busy-Bee hat.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll make some progress if I pretend I'm truly weather-bound.

Then again, I do get distracted easily, and the train station is right across the street.