Saturday, April 14, 2018

SAILORS DELIGHT

Red sky at night: Sailors delight;
Red sky at morning: Sailors take warning.

So, it seems it's going to snow, sleet, and ice up this weekend.  Hard to believe when Friday it's nearly 70 degrees outside.  The weather forecasters insist; I just as vehemently deny.

I take the shovel out of my car.  This appears to be the kiss of death, and all mayhem lets loose.  Suddenly, the weather forecast for the weekend turns to shit: snow, sleet, ice storms, lightning, catapults, tacos, orthotic pantyhose, leprechauns, cream of wheat...  You name it; it suddenly shows up in the forecast.

I cannot wrap my head around it.

Yet, the other morning there was snow on my car.  Snow.  Yes, THAT shit.  Today it's nearly 70 degrees, and the sunset is pretty impressive: flaming orb in the sky, pastel colors ... rather pastoral.  It is the proverbial Red sky at night scenario.  This means it's going to be gorgeous tomorrow and all because a children's poem says so.