Monday, April 2, 2018

PASSOVER, EASTER, AND PICTURES OF SPRING

It's Passover and Easter weekend.  This usually means the heralding of Spring, but it's still early in the season.  Easter falls on April Fool's Day, a day that we New Englanders have been fooled by before -- having major snow.  We've also been hit by blizzards the first two weeks of April, as well.  We are all too aware that Spring isn't here quite yet.

However, we've had a string of reasonably warmish weather: days into the forties and even the fifties.  Regardless of the dim forecasts, sun has won out, and the recent snowstorm is just a distant memory if one looks past the still-melting snowbanks along the roads.

Today is beautiful -- sunny, mid-fifties, and a light but subtle breeze.  Spring is in the air today.  People are out biking, running, window-shopping, and cleaning up their yards.  It looks and smells so much like Spring that it's hard to believe we might still get smacked around by the late-great Winter.  Although the trees are still bare and no crocuses have shown their buds, lawns are semi-green (where there isn't snow), and it's easy to imagine this is it; Spring is here.

In the midst of all of my errands today, I take time to stop by the state park and take some pictures.  Part of me wishes I'd packed the kayak in the car -- even though the water is still cold and the air is still crisp, I'd be in that water on my kayak in an absolute heartbeat if I had my gear with me.  Instead, I take some pictures, walk part of the way down the trail, and enjoy every second of this glorious day.

Easter and Passover are both times of faith springing eternal.  I have faith that Spring is springing, and now I have the pictures to back it up.