Monday, April 23, 2018

ICED COFFEE HIGH

Girl Scout Cookie season passed me by, and I held strong.  Yes, I like contributing to the GSA.  I have been a Girl Scout many times, and I have also been co-leader of several different troops and age groups.  I know exactly what the cookie drive is about and how much work it is.

But, people, I have a waistline to protect.  I have clothes that I must squeeze into for work and a dress for a wedding that I must be able to zipper.

I also have $4.23 left on my Dunkin Donuts app that I need to use up.  Girl Scout Cookie iced coffee, here I come!

It has been a while since I got an iced coffee from Dunks.  The last one I ordered was woefully over-sugared and over-creamed (Caramel Swirl was more like caramel milky crap).  I totally forgot that there is another reason that I steer clear of iced coffee beyond the walls of my own home.

High-test.

That is correct; high-test coffee that is made with hardcore caffeine.  I use the half-caf stuff at home, so this full-force coffee is a jolt to my system.  I'll be honest: caffeine does not bother me and has, up to this point, never affected me.  I could drink a six-pack of Coca-Cola before bed and be bothered by nothing.  No jitters, no sugar high, and no caffeine rush.  Hot chocolate doesn't bother me.  I'm a die-hard tea drinker, and tea has no affect on my system at all.

Coffee, though, is another story.

Halfway through my iced coffee, I realize that I am in overdrive.  The laundry is getting done very quickly, dinner is being pulled together at a record pace, and I am typing up blog entries like it's my day job.  My fingers, brain, and heart rate are moving faster than Superman's cape in flight.

I should know better, especially ordering something with the extra kick of chocolate and mint in it.  Too late now.  The worst of it all is that I discover two more Dunkin Donuts gift cards that I got as Christmas gifts from students.  Oh, no!  The horror!  If I know me, I'll forget about this by the summer, be heading to the beach, and stop off for a frosty cup of Dunkins iced coffee.  If you see someone at the beach racing across the sand like a wild animal, you'll know the gift cards have been used.