Tuesday, April 24, 2018

IN A MEETING

I attend a lot of meetings.  We talk about all kinds of things at these meetings: our jobs, our families, our friends, our lives, our coworkers (past and present), our lunches, our other meetings...  We laugh, we cry, we talk, we listen, we yell, we shut up, we laugh more, we laugh even more than more. 

Apparently, mostly we laugh.

The only problem with all of these meetings (I attend at least six in any given week) is that we have strict confidentiality norms.  I know, right?  What good is something happening in a meeting if I cannot gossip about it? 

Imagine The Office without being able to tell someone about the crazy things that happen there.  It would be like watching a dark screen: "Sorry, but due to confidentiality laws, all viewers are blacked-out from watching.  Enjoy the show!"

I'd love to tell you about the time when someone claimed not to be at a presentation, but then we showed him the Tweet of him at the presentation, and then... Ooops.  That's confidential.

Or how about the time we were having tea, and my teammate couldn't find the milk in the fridge.  So, she looked in her purse, and... Ooops.  That's confidential, too.

Hey, there's the one about the guy who looks just like Salvador Dali but crazier, and he was singing this song about ... Damn, that's confidential, too.

I suppose it's a responsible thing to do and all.  No one should be talking about work outside of work, anyway.  That's too much like work!  But, still.  Some of the funniest things happen in our meetings.  It's always like The Office except that we don't get coffee breaks and our lunch breaks are about seventeen minutes.

Oh, crap.  Was I not supposed to tell you that?  Never mind.  Forget I said anything.  Move along, folks; nothing (funny) to see here.  Besides, I am probably supposed to be in a meeting.