Thursday, April 19, 2018

SIPPING WINE AFTER SCHOOL

Sometimes when I'm working on paperwork at school, I'll stay later to get it done.  Sometimes I pack it up to bring home with me.  Sometimes I work at my desk at school.  Sometimes I sit at the kitchen table or work at my computer.

Either way, there is something that school offers that home doesn't: access to all of my files and reference materials, and the big copy machine.  There is also something that home offers that school doesn't which often tempts me to bring my work home with me: alcohol.

Oh, I don't drink while I'm correcting because the grades would keep getting better and better.  But, when I'm working on my plan book or getting set up for my upcoming schedule, there's nothing wrong with a glass if  of wine.

Come to think of it, when I print stuff out on my own printer at home, there's nothing wrong with a glass of wine.  I just have to be careful where I balance that glass.  If I spill the wine, or, worse, shatter the crystal, it will break my momentum.  Because it's wine at home and tea at school, a broken wine glass would be a lot more tragic than a shattered "World's Greatest Teacher" mug.

I know!  I'll start sipping wine (at home, of course) out of my school mug.  This way I get the best of both worlds, and my real momentum won't be broken.