Wednesday, April 18, 2018

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP FOR THE SICKLY

Sick of being sick; sick of being sick; sick of being sick!

I've really tried.  I've tried taking care of myself,  I've tried sleeping, I've tried resting, I've tried medicating, I've tried sweating, I've tried steaming. 

This damn cold won't go away.

Finally, I give up.  I'm going with the last line of defense.  I reach into the cabinet and pull out ...

Chicken Noodle Soup.

No, not Campbells, although Campbells soup has enough sodium to embalm a mummy, so it should kill whatever ails me.  I open up a can of Progresso, and I attempt to soup my cold to death.

So far, I don't feel as if it has been successful, so I might have to chase it all with yet-another cup of tea with honey.  Just in case, though, there is a little of the soup leftover in the fridge.  If I wake up feeling this way tomorrow, there's a decent possibility that soup will be my breakfast.

Sick of this, though.  I finally get a few days off, and my body rebels.  This soup had better work.  I'm almost out of tissues.