Sunday, April 8, 2018

CARDS, BEER, AND MINI PIRATE PANTS

Saturday afternoon at the brewery turns into a hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity, and our group takes over a small table in the back by the windows.  Anyone who knows anything about this competitive card game knows that it's a game loaded with foul language and inappropriate situations.  Anyone who knows anything about our local brewery knows children are welcome.

In other words, we spend hours roaring with laughter and apologizing to people who keep trying to sit near us with their kids: "FYI, foul language spoken here."

My daughter, whom I love dearly, is a major klutz, so it's no surprise when half of one of her beer samples suddenly ends up on the table.  No damage to the cards or the game, but this requires a quick trek to the bar for napkins.  Once we clean up the mess, we try to salvage part of (or, even, parts of) the napkins to use with the pizza that arrives, so we tear a napkin in half and share it.

When I get my half of the napkin, I realize that the tearing job (which, in full disclosure, I did the tearing) is a giant clusterfrig.  I put the napkin on the table, spread it out, and realize I have a miniature version of Jack Sparrow's costume.

Yup, for real.  The napkin looks like little pirate pants. 

Perfect.  After all, we are using salty language and drinking beer with names like Inky Depths.  It's only appropriate that our inappropriate language, beer drinking, and uproarious shenanigans are accompanied by a pirate-via-proxy.  Naturally, we take pictures because if it's in poor taste, it's probably noteworthy.  I don't win the card game, but, shiver me timbers, we do have a hilarious afternoon.