Saturday, December 16, 2017

TOO COLD FOR COMFORT

I think I'm getting sick.

I'm sneezing more, I'm very tired, I ache a little bit, and my head (and occasionally, my ear) hurts.  I've felt crappy for days, and several times I thought I might hurl.  My burning, red eyes also tell me that I'm fighting occasional fevers.

The biggest indicator, though, is my inability to get warm. The heat is turned up, but still I am cold, cold, COLD.

I understand, at least logically, that it isn't really cold inside my house, but still I am chilled from my head to my toes.  Finally, after attempting to reason with my exhausted, icy body, I concede.  I am now sitting in my kitchen, bundled up in flannel pants, long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, a fleece hat, a fleece scarf, fluffy slippers, and a warm, thick jacket with the hood up.

If I'm going to get sick, might I please put it off until my school break?  Just asking for a friend ... a very, very COLD friend.