Sunday, November 26, 2017

LEFTOVERS = GONE

I killed it.

Just when the leftovers from Thanksgiving thought they might be safe in the fridge, hiding inside their foil container with foil covering, I find them.  Not only do I find them, but I also shovel them onto a microwave-safe plate. I am going to nuke those leftovers until they're as warm as they were when they hit the table a few days ago. 

Before I dig in, I ask my son if he wants any of the Thanksgiving leftovers.  He answers with a casual "Not now."  Kid, I tell him, it's now or never.  I'm serious about this food.


 The moment my son passes on the leftovers, they magically disappear.  I inhale that food so fast that it's like it never existed in the first place, but I went to Thanksgiving dinner, and I packed the container before I left.  I know this stuff existed.

Oh, well.  All that is left is an empty plate.  I killed the leftovers, completely and totally, and I am not ashamed to broadcast that fact to a skeptic world.