Thursday, November 23, 2017

HAPPY TURKEY AND PUMPKIN BREAD DAY

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

{conversation between me and my youngest child}

ME:  Do you want me to bake more pumpkin bread so you can bring some to your girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving?

CHILD:  It's okay. I have leftover pumpkin bread from the batch I took to work.

ME:  No, you don't.  Not really.

CHILD:  Yes, I have one whole container that's still full.

ME:  Um.... No, I don't think so.

CHILD:  Mom, the container with the pumpkin bread is on the kitchen table.

ME:  Yes, it is, and I've been eating it.

CHILD:  ALL OF IT?!?!

ME:  Yeah.  Pretty much.

(Pause.  Momentary silence.)

CHILD:  Yes.

ME:  Yes, what?

CHILD: Yes, I want you to bake more pumpkin bread so I can bring some with me.

{And so it goes.  Happy Turkey and Pumpkin Bread Day, all!}