Saturday, November 25, 2017

BLACK AND GOLD FRIDAY

BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people love it; some people hate it; some people are just "meh" about it.  Personally, I am in the "meh" category, but also I avoid Black Friday like the plague.  I don't hate Black Friday.  It's just not for me.  I know my limitations: Fighting crowds to get shit nobody really wants for prices that will be lower closer to the holidays all seems like a fruitless and dangerous activity.

So, in honor of Black Friday, I enjoy Black and Gold Friday.

I fight the crowds at the bars and restaurants before and after attending the Boston Bruins versus Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game, and I stand in (surprisingly quick-moving) line for the ladies' room during the game breaks.  Since both NHL teams' colors are the same, it's a perfect way to celebrate Black (and Gold) Friday.



The closest that I come to any store on Black Friday is when I drive past Target after exiting the highway on my way home from the hockey game and post-festivities.  The normally-mostly-empty parking lot is abnormally-packed with cars.  I consider stopping to buy some Target Monster Trail Mix then decide it's not worth the lines or the bruises.


Here's to this year's Black and Gold Friday!  Just so you all know (spoiler alert...), I DO SURVIVE and (another spoiler alert...) the BRUINS WIN!.