Tuesday, November 28, 2017

FRONT-SIDE POWER WASH

I wash my dishes by hand.  Even if they're going into the dishwasher, I wash them (or, at the very least, rinse them thoroughly) first, mostly out of habit from not having a dishwasher for so long, but also because I don't run the dishwasher often enough, so the dishes get crusty.

Lately, I haven't even been bothering with the dishwasher.  I wash the dishes vigorously then let them air dry on a dish pad.  Vigorously wash them.  Did I say vigorously?

I should also point out that my faucet has been broken for over two years now.  I went an entire year with it spitting a tiny semi-stream of water out.  No matter how I tried to fix it (since no one else would do it), I got nowhere.  The end of the faucet refused to loosen until one day I got so disgusted (after months of waiting for it to be repaired) that I took the biggest set of pliers I could find and attacked the stupid thing.  Within seconds, the screen piece shot across the room, and now my faucet rolls out Niagara Falls' worth of water.

This waterfall effect faucet should not come as a surprise to me since it has been like this for about a year now.  Somehow, some way, I manage to forget this.  I get into my comfy pajamas, also known as an old shirt and some yoga pants, and hit the sink to finish the dinner dishes that have been soaking. 

Um ... "soaking" being the operative word here.

The next thing I know, water is shooting up out of the sink and completely sopping what I am wearing.  At first I stand there, frozen in time like a statue that just got shit on by pigeons; this travesty is such a humiliation.  I mean, really.  How many grown-ass adults cannot safely and intelligently operate the kitchen faucet?

Oh, well.  I think I've hit a new low mark on the Kitchen Goddess's Scale of Competency: Dish Washing 101 = FAIL.  Not a complete failure, actually.  The dishes are squeaky clean and I've had a front-side power wash, so it may well be a win.