Friday, September 26, 2014

WEEKEND WISHES



I don’t know if the weekend will turn out this way, but this is what I have planned.  If Mother Nature cooperates, it might be a decent weekend after all.

Friday afternoon is “stop for a quick drink” after work.  This week, though, I have to stick to my schedule and get home early (and sober) enough to cook.  This is opening weekend of fall lacrosse (my last official parent year), so I’ll make either pasta salad or cookies to bring.  Everybody seems to like the cookies, but they might melt if it gets as warm as has been predicted.  I bought ingredients for both, so I can go either way on this one as I wait for the most up-to-date weather report.

Saturday is the inter-squad lacrosse game, complete with refs and all.  I have to remember to get the camera fired up.  Oh, and sunscreen.  Must have sunscreen.   Then a barbecue.  These are the days I live for – good weather, a fun game, and food, food, food.

Sunday I’m planning a beach day.  I don’t care how cold the ocean is.  I tried to get in it a couple of years ago when it was 90 degrees in mid-April.  (No wonder those people from the Titanic froze instantly – it was damn frigid that day.)  If Mother Nature pisses on my plans, I’ll go to the beach, anyway, then head out somewhere along the coast for lunch.

In between all of this, I have some ridiculously important paperwork to finish for school that has to be officially filed by October 1st.  Have I started it?  Of course.  Is it remotely organized?  Um… no.  Will I make the deadline?  Bets are being taken on that one.

Who knows?  Maybe I’ll get everything done, including the paperwork, and maybe I’ll even return to work on Monday with a file folder ready to hand in and a beautiful new glow on my rapidly fading tan.

A girl can dream, right?  Now, cooperate, Mother Nature.  The next few days are in your hands.