Wednesday, May 7, 2014

SOOOO TIRED

I have to admit that I am exhausted. 

The continuing saga of My Crazy-Assed Thesis Misadventure is still too fresh, convoluted, and maddening to write about just yet.  School (my job) today is spent on the math MCAS exam,  and tomorrow's schedule is nearly identical.  I'm working on recataloging the hundreds of reading books I have collected for the students because my original list is saved to a computer I haven't had set up in about a decade and has a floppy disk as its storage option.  I'm also trying to chase down the dozen boxes that were "borrowed" from me at the beginning of the year and never returned to me so I can start packing up those hundreds of books for our one-year move to the old high school while our asbestos-filled middle school is remodeled.

Just about the only exciting things going on in my life are: Constant sneezing from the pollen, my lungs are full of junk from being so cold that I'm probably slowly dying of hypothermia, my car sounds like it needs a new belt or two, and I should probably get my ass to the grocery store again sometime soon.

Sedate stuff by any standards, and yet I am so tired that I can feel it through to my core, so tired that I'm overly tired, which subsequently means that I cannot sleep.  Why is that?  How is that?  What laws of nature make us too tired to be tired?

I'm going to contemplate that conundrum while the students take the MCAS and I type in hundreds of book titles while subsequently shivering from cold and falling off my computer chair as I doze into that temporary sleep that doesn't translate for me when I lie down for that several-hours sleep that alludes me.

But when the weekend comes, do not contact me before 10 a.m.  Even if I'm awake, I'm going to pretend that I'm not.  With any luck at all, this week of monotony might lull me into complacency.  If I'm not asleep, I may well be in a self-induced boredom coma.  Either way, I'm not coming up for air until I can sleep for more than four hours a night.  Pretty soon even make-up won't be able to help me.  That thought alone should scare me into sleeping.