Thursday, May 29, 2014

GLOBAL WARMING ... MY ASS



Global warming, my ass.  It hasn't risen above 47 degrees all goddamned day.  It's the end of May, people, the end of flipping May, and it's parka weather here in eastern New England.  Good thing it stopped raining or else by midnight it would be snowing.

Oh, please.  You science types are going to try and explain to me how global warming affects temperatures and creates extremes.  First of all, I've seen snow here in May and temperatures in the 90's in early April, so zip it.  Secondly, our globe has been warming since the Ice Age.  Otherwise, we'd still be in the Ice Age.  Capisce?  

Mother Nature is just being an absolute bitch this year.  Snow snow snow followed by cold cold cold followed by worm poop worm poop worm poop followed by more cold more cold more cold.  Don't even get me started on these idiot weather forecasters again.  Monday's forecast = 80's, sunny, beach day. Reality = windy, chilly, overcast with showers.  How the hell can you even get it that wrong?

This afternoon I have to run an errand with my youngest, who has not left the house all day long.  He asks me, "Shorts or long pants?"  Dude, it's 45 degrees out, raining, and we have to walk a few blocks.  Do what you think best, but I'm wearing an Eskimo snowsuit.

Just yesterday the temperatures were in the 80's … mere miles west of here.  Temperature changes were so severe between the heat and the sudden rain squalls that parts of Vermont and Western Massachusetts experienced flash floods.  Just to the east, though, where I am?  Bull-tickey.  Cold, miserable bull tickey.

It has been a shitty year so far.  My team at school is being broken up, I keep getting yelled at for shit I didn't do and for stuff I did do that I am totally supposed to do, the university I paid tens of thousands of dollars to is holding my thesis hostage (what for, I've no frigging idea), and several other stupid-ass things, and Mother Nature has the nerve to put us into a near-freeze day after day? 

No one likes a control freak, especially one who controls our comfort levels and vacation plans.  I'm starting to think it is not I but rather Mother Nature who is experiencing menopause. 

Snap out of it, Mother Nature!  Seriously.  Snap the fuck out of it.