Saturday, May 17, 2014

EMAIL FROM AFAR ... OR NOT

I may be a bit unconventional, and some people may classify me as slightly crazy, but really, I think one of my co-workers takes the cake.  No, really.  Truly.  Without question.  I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

I have a co-worker who is in the same room as I am, right there with me, mere feet away, and rather than ask me a question, she emails me.

She emails me..

She is sitting less than three feet from my computer and less than six feet from me, and rather than verbally interact with me, she sends me a goddamned email.

For real?  Honestly?  That's messed up.

My teammates warned me about it.  They said, "She'll send you an email rather than actually speak to you," and I said, "No way, that's freaking stupid..." and then she comes to my class and ... there it is... an email .. sent to me at 2:12 when our class ends at 2:21.

Really?  For real?  Are you even kidding me right now?

Let me get this straight: I am standing less than a whole human's length away from you, I am breathing the same air as you, we are interacting in the same room together ... and yet ... you email me?  Not text, not instant message, but email? 

What -- did you want to see how fast it could pop up on my desktop screen, the desktop that your laptop is practically touching while you type?  Okay, I have worked for and with a lot of messed up people, but this has to be some kind of trophy-worthy weirdness.

If you have something to say to me or ask me, please do so like a normal person. Just freakin TALK to me.  I'm here.  I'm in the room with you.  I could slap some sense into you if I'd only known you'd needed it. 

But email me from a few feet away? Someone tell me this isn't the next generation of stupidity.  I might have to give up now.