Tuesday, May 13, 2014

LIMERICK DAY (YES, I KNOW IT WAS YESTERDAY)

(Yesterday was Limerick Day.  Since I missed Limerick Day, I'm going to honor it here today ... since I didn't really miss it because I am writing these limericks yesterday, which really is/was Limerick Day.)

As I sit here and stare at the night,
I wish I had something to write.
It's not of my choosing -
The Bruins are losing,
This game is a terrible sight.

(Wrote that one at the end of the pathetic second period.  Yes, I said "pathetic."  Sue me.)

I wish that my nose wasn't sneezing
Having this cold isn't pleasing
I hate being sick
These germs I can't kick
One second I'm hot then I'm freezing

(Okay, that one could just mean I'm allergic to menopause.  But, really, I am sickly.)

I wish I could recall a caper
But my memory's starting to taper
Trouble I find
'Til I'm out of my mind
And then I commit tales to paper.

(Yes, I even write while I'm driving.  Watch out!  It's less dangerous than texting, though, because I don't need to see any keys to write notes to myself.)

A teammate and I took a chance
At a pub where we caught a good glance
Of a man with a tear
Near his own derrirer
So my teammate helped staple his pants.

(That really happened.  Or maybe it didn't.  Depends on if we can get arrested for it or not.)

Last but not least I should say
That my friends truly do make my day.
I laugh and I cry,
Pee my pants, want to sigh,
I love you all much anyway.

(Okay, that's it for bad limericks ... since it's tomorrow already and Limerick Day was yesterday, even though it's now at least for a couple of more hours.  Happy tomorrow, today and Happy today tomorrow.