Monday, May 12, 2014

MONDAY -- BACK AGAIN

Monday, Monday, Monday.  Back again.  Seems like Monday was just here a week ago.  Damn you, Monday.  All the times I've given you my best, Monday, and you stomp on me, tire me out, treat me badly, and taunt me with the knowledge that Friday is so far away ... Saturday, even more so.

So how about we strike an arrangement, Monday?  How about if you make sure the Bruins beat Montreal tonight?  That would be great.  I would stay up late, and I wouldn't even swear at you, Monday.  Instead, I would sing your praises.  "Oh, yeah, Monday!  The day the Bruins put down the Canadiens for the 2013-2014 season!  Monday, you totally rock!"

So, please, Monday, for the sake of those of us who endure your torture week after week after week.  Please, oh, please give us all a reason to love you all over again.  I know the first three letters in your name are the same as those in Montreal, but that should make you hate them.  They stole part of your name!

Tomorrow, when Tuesday comes, let's give it something to talk about.  Let Tuesday tell the other days that Monday is the greatest day for now because the Bruins beat the Canadiens and knocked them out of the series on Monday, Monday, Monday.

See?  I'm singing your praises already.  Now do your part, and no other weekdays will be harmed.