Friday, May 23, 2014

HAVE SOME PRIDE

I'd like to think I've lived half my life.  You know, assuming I'm going to make it to 100, right?  Okay, mathematically I'm more at the 75% mark, which makes the following observation even more disturbing.  By now I figured I pretty much have seen everything.  Everything.  Yet I am wrong, oh ... so .... wrong.

Today I see a woman cover her head with a white plastic grocery bag so she can go inside the grocery store and shop without getting her hair wet in the rain.

This just seems wrong to me. 

It seems wrong to me that she is covering her head with a plastic grocery bag.  Its seems even more wrong that the grocery bag belongs to the store into which she is going.  This means one of three things:

1.  She keeps grocery store bags in her car for just such an occasion;

2.  She ran into the store during a rain storm, grabbed the bag, returned to her car, and is now going shopping;

3.  She sent someone else in for the bag to cover her head.

None of these options is acceptable as I'm not sure a plastic grocery bag will ever be acceptable head-wear.  Does this make me old? 

Or does it mean that in 75% of living my life, I've acquired a tiny sense of decorum?

Hmmmmmm. Let me think about this for a while.  Quick!  Someone hand me a plastic grocery bag so I can gather my thoughts!  But make sure it's a white bag from Market Baskets and not a gray-ish one from Hannaford's. 

For goodness sake, I have SOME pride.